+ Reply to Thread

Challenge Filed to Destructive Suction Dredge Mining in California's Rivers

Bluebeard posted this link over at the GPAA site

For Immediate Release, April 3, 2012

Challenge Filed to Destructive Suction Dredge Mining in California's Rivers

Regulations Would Harm Water Supplies, Fish, Wildlife and Cultural Resources

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/n...4-03-2012.html

Gold_Mine

And what exactly are we ( miners ) doing that is proactive like our competitors the environmentalists are doing? They are speaking to reps and having power point meetings at the capitol to educate all with their biased opinions! We NEED to do the same, going to court is NOT enough! It's time to make some noise boys..lets go!! What can WE do?!! Donating is not enough I've been doing that, we need to be just as active as they are. Does anyone have underwater video of dredging? We need before and after shots, especially shots that show mother nature fixing a filling our holes. We need to try to get Greene to give presentations about his study done on the effects of dredging in 2007. We need to step it up now! I'm new to this but I'm a warrior and will fight for my rights.

Exactly

I agree. We need to start our own organization and start greasing some squeeky wheels.

Already have a name for it. Call it "Green & Gold". (I want trademark on that) How gold dredging is green and river friendly.

Also, Mention how sports and commercial fishing kills far more of their "sacred" fish than any type of gold prospecting. Time to have a sit in on the capital grounds in Sac. Display some fishing nets and gold pans and let the public decide what is the best for fish.

Go get some vidio of the indians with their nets strung across the river and them bringing in gilled fish with their new high tech nets and their new fancy boats with GPS, radar, fish finders and special seasons. Then let them talk about how the fish have been sacred catch for generations of tribes. After that ask them how many generations fished with all the new, fancy high tech stuff. If they want to be true to their ancestory fish like their ancestors fished.

May be time to start digging into the agenda's of and the agenda driven "Science" of all these green type organizations and clubs that seem to be so opinionated on how everything OTHER than what they want messes everything up.

We are in a pure and absolute battle against $$$ and how big $$$ can crush any small group it wishes to. Tribes against miners. Green against Gold. (Another trademark. LOL )

I also believe we need organization and bodies to start protecting what is rightfully ours. I also believe we may need to get a few dredgers arested and let the courts get involved in that but now may not be the time yet but,,,,, it might.

BB46

Well we already have PLP and Western Mining Alliance. Now we just need to coordinate and put together a presentation with the facts and present the information to the CWCB, EPA the capitol and our congressmen. We need to set up our own test on mercury recovery with a gold dredge and show that reclamation dredging is identical to gold dredging.

Thread Information